- Guarantee to give better exchange rates than the banks
- Arrange forward contracts enabling clients to fix the rate for a future date (Example: 6 months ago clients could have bought EUR with a ‘forward contract’ at a rate of 1.46. The rate today is 1.26, a difference of 13%)
- Offer a 1 to 1 service from dedicated and experienced consultants to help clients manage exchange rate risk
- Provide a rate watch service and daily market updates
- Arrange regular transfers for pension, mortgage, salary payments
The last point (arranging regular transfers) is - to be honest - one I often forget to mention when discussing the value of foreign exchange services, I tend to concentrate on larger lump sums for house or boat purchases. That's a mistake on my part, though, there are clearly significant savings to be made in finding the best deal for handling smaller, regular money transfers too.
If you're planning on transferring funds abroad, it makes sense to see what a good broker can offer!