Sunday, September 26, 2010

Interview with Jo Parfitt - expat writer, mentor and publisher


Jo, can you tell us a bit about your background?

I have lived abroad since 1987, moving from my home in the UK to Dubai, Oman, Norway, back to England for a while and now to the Netherlands. I have created, maintained a career based on my love of writing throughout this time. I have written 27 books, been a journalist, taught writing, done copywriting, been a speaker and now focus on teaching and helping expats and entrepreneurs to write books and articles based on their expertise and experience.


What services do you offer to expats?

I believe in only working in areas I know well. I know about running a business based on my passion, portable careers and being a writer as well, of course, as living abroad. My services are tailored to this niche. I tend to work with other expats and, as someone who attends expat and international conferences like FIGT and WIN I have done lots of research into expat issues too.


- I run live workshops that teach people how to write books, articles, blogs and life story.
- I offer online courses that teach the same.
- I mentor expats and entrepreneurs to write their books, articles, blogs and life story, get in print and get paid!
- I am a publisher and commission books by and for expats.

Read more at http://www.expatfocus.com/jo-parfitt-250910

No comments: