Friday, February 26, 2010

Interview with Nick Digby, Echo-Xpats (Dubai) - 26/02/10

Nick Digby is the founder of Echo-Xpats (www.echo-xpats.com), a Dubai based company established in 2005 delivering relocation services to individuals and corporations throughout the region. Nick is also one of the forum leaders in our UAE forum.


Expat Focus: Nick, can you tell us a bit about your background and how Echo-Xpats came into being?

Nick Digby
Nick Digby

Nick Digby: I have always worked in the hospitality industry, starting in a fabulous Italian restaurant in Singapore at the age of 13. I have worked in many world class hotels, including the Mandarin Oriental and Ritz-Carlton. I moved to Dubai in 2004 to start a role in Food & Beverage at the Ritz-Carlton hotel. After completing a one-year rotation, I considered my options for advancing my career. At that time, Dubai was booming, with many residential and commercial projects underway, including the Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and Burj Downtown (most famous for the Burj Khalifa – tallest tower in the world). The pace of development in the city was too exciting to consider leaving. At the same time, I considered opportunities in Dubai and I saw a real need for relocation services with an emphasis on the quality of customer service. Having being raised amongst hotels who pride themselves on customer service, I knew I could transplant my expertise and experience into the business. And so, late in 2005, Echo-Xpats began offering its services...

Read more

No comments: