Friday, May 20, 2011

Expat Experiences: Thailand - Mike Rose, Prachuap Khiri Khan


Who are you?

My name is Mike Rose and I am a retired teacher from the UK.


Where, when and why did you move abroad?


I moved to Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand in January 2008 when I took early retirement. I have always enjoyed travelling and had been to Thailand on a few occasions before deciding to settle here


What challenges did you face during the move?


Numerous! But nothing insurmountable. I had actually intended to work out here part time teaching English, but when I arrived the job wasn't there. So I had a hurried change of plan settling instead for full time retirement and living on my private pensions. Thailand is full of red tape but once you know the ropes its easy to negotiate. Find out what to do is the hardest but there are plenty of resources on the Internet. Visa regulations are quite relaxed but you have to report every 90 days to immigration, which is a pain along with your annual renewal...

Read more about Mike's life in Thailand: www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-thailand-experiences-prachuap-khiri-khan-mike-rose

No comments: